Click here to Submit Abstract
- Individuals may submit up to two regular abstracts as the first author.
- Individuals may serve as a coauthor on an unlimited number of abstracts.
- Registration is mandatory for presenting abstract
- All abstracts related to oncology are eligible for submission.
- Abstract should address relevant scientific questions in relations to oncology.
- Interim analysis of a prospective randomized clinical trial will be considered if it is performed as planned in the original protocol and is statistically valid.
Provide the full name, academic qualification, institution, address and email id of the first author only.
The first author will receive all further correspondence from ICC-2017, with respect to the status of the abstract. The information provided upon submission must belong to the first author.
- Accept to be present in person if the abstract is selected for presentation- oral/poster/video.
- Preferable to provide document regarding approval of your clinical research by an appropriate ethics committee or institutional review board.
- Disclosure of conflict of interest on the presenting author and co authors should be provided.
- Authors must assign copyright of the abstract to ICC-2017.
The title should objectively describe the study. Do not refer to study results or conclusions.
Provide the full name with qualification.
The body of your abstract should include the basis of your study, materials and methods, results and conclusions of your research. You may type your abstract directly into the text box, cut and paste from an existing document or upload a text file of your abstract. It should not exceed 2,000 characters including the abstract title, body, and table. (The character count does not include author names or institutions). One data table is permitted per abstract. Illustrations and figures are not permitted.
Important Dates for abstract submission:
Abstract Paper For Award Paper
- Last date of submission: 30-June-2017
- Abstract Notification: 30-August-2017
Refer to your respective Association Websites for rules and guidelines before submitting your abstract papers
GUIDELINES FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS AWARD ISMPO
Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology shall present Dr. KALLA VENKAT YOUNG RESEARCHER AWARD to a young medical oncologist of the country for his/her outstanding basic and/or clinical/translational research. The purpose of the award is to acknowledge and encourage research contributions that not only improve the diagnosis and therapeutics in oncology but also give us the chance to collate Indian data.
Candidates for a Young Researchers Award must hold an
- DM/ DNB in Medical Oncology or equivalent degree
There is a three-step process for submitting applications. A candidate must submit the following by the required deadline:
- MBBS/MD with at least one year post MD work experience in Medical Oncology
- He/she shall be less than 40 years of age as of 31st December in the year of conferment of the Award.
- The candidate must have conducted ORIGINAL research work/thesis
EACH CANDIDATE CAN SUBMIT A MAXIMUM OF TWO ABSTRACTS/ YEAR
CRITERIA FOR ASSESSMENT
- Step I: Submit online structured abstract of the proposed research (500 WORDS) as a Word document. The Scientific Council of the meeting will review the abstracts and the Corresponding Author of the selected abstracts will be invited to present their work at the national conference.
- Step II: Those invited will be required to present a poster in the conference as per the specifications. The poster will be judged by a set of judges on the following criteria.
- Originality of the research
- Soundness of the study design
- Scientific basis of the study including statistical analysis
- Clinical significance to Indian context/ developing countries
- Conclusion/Interpretation of the results
- Presentation skills/quality of the poster and slides
The top ten scorers of the poster presentation will be then invited to oral presentation in the main hall of the conference on the last day. The presentation is to be prepared on power point (slide set of 10 – 15 slides). The allotted time will be 10mins + 3 mins for the discussion. The judges will negatively mark anyone exceeding the allotted time. There will be a set of 3 or 5 judges who will be senior medical oncologists from India or abroad. In case of a tie (equal marks) the younger investigator will be rewarded.
IN CASE OF ANY DISPUTE THE DECISION OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (ISMPO) WILL BE FINAL.
All the candidates invited for poster presentation will be funded for the following
- Complementary registration
- Hotel accommodation near the conference venue on twin sharing basis
The Award will be given to the first candidate in the competition (one candidate/ year)
The Awardee will be conferred a Medal along with a Grant of a sum of INR 30,000.
GUIDELINES FOR AWARD IASO
Click here to Submit Abstract
- Best paper presentation (Ten) will be awarded Rs. 5000/- towards registration, travel and accommodation of the presenter to attend the NATCON.
- If the presenter is not a member Rs. 5000/- will be deducted towards membership of the IASO.
- If the presenter is not eligible to become a life member, he will be enrolled as associate member and will be converted to full member on attaining eligibility to become full member.